You can do it! We are an all volunteer-run organization and need the support of the community to provide soccer for our children. Here are the incentives we offer to coaches in appreciation for the crucial work that these volunteers provide to Greenbelt Soccer Alliance and to our community. We keep teams small to ensure that all players get their 50% playing time so we always need more coaches. With more coaches, we can have more kids playing and having fun!
- Coaches receive medical, dental and liability insurance provided through Maryland State Youth Soccer Association (MSYSA) at no cost.
- Coaches receive each week delivered to their email address a professionally prepared practice plan, including demonstration videos, through youthsoccer101.com. If a coach does not have time to prepare a session himself, the youthsoccer101 is an excellent alternative.
- Children of coaches receive a significant discount on registration
- Coaches receive a custom shirt.
- Coaches receive mentoring, on the field in Greenbelt, as part of the professional coaching that each team receives. This mentoring is provided by SoccerSource360 using USSF recommended coaching techniques for each team's age group.
- If coaches perform the player progress reports for their team, both an early and a late season one, they will be reimbursed up to $40 for their time. You can read about the progress reports on our blog.
- Coaches will be reimbursed completely for the registration cost of taking any MSYSA or VYSA course up to the "D" License or any NSCAA coaching course up to the level 6 diploma. Available courses can be found at these links, respectively, MSYSA coach education link, VYSA coach education link and NSCAA coach education link. For higher USSF licenses and NSCAA diplomas, we offer partial reimbursement. For new coaches to Greenbelt Soccer Alliance, we require a 2-season commitment to head-coaching. If you have already been a head coach for us, we require a 1-season commitment after taking the course.
- If coaches take training during the year they will be reimbursed for some mileage expenses incurred during the season up to $100 per season. The higher your level of training, the higher the maximum reimbursement amount. D License holders qualify without additional training although we still encourage all coaches to continue their coach education. And NEW team managers for a selected team also qualify for up to $50 mileage reimbursement. You can read more about this incentive on our blog posting.